The term “aging in place” generally means staying in your home as you get older, and making the modifications needed to make that possible – such as living in a one story house, adding a ramp to the front door, etc.
Modifying your bathrooms and plumbing fixtures can also assist with aging in place. Five Star Plumbing offers multiple services to assist our older clients. Typical modifications include:
- Tub to shower conversion with a walk-in or roll-in curblessshower
- Adding a shower seat to your shower
- Adding grab bars to the shower
- Replacing standard shower head with an adjustable, hand-held shower head with easy to reach controls
- Replacing your low toilet with a comfort height toilet and adding a grab bar
- Replacing standard faucets with lever or touch faucets in all bathrooms and kitchen
- Adding a wall-mounted bathroom sink compatible with wheelchair height
- Adding a pot filler faucet near the stove
- Adding anti-scald valves at the water heater and shower
- And more
Our plumbers are experienced with all of these features, and can work with a home improvement contractor during a bathroom remodel, or work solo to install these items.
Call Five Star Plumbing today at 410-836-0118 for a free estimate on replacing toilets, tubs, faucets and more to make it easier for you or a loved one to age in place. We serve customers throughout the Baltimore area, including Baltimore County, Harford County, Cecil County and Howard County.